For anyone who has a family home, you may or may already have a small toilet in the downstairs of the house.It can be one of those rooms which simply gets forgotten about in the house and this can lead us to let it get dingy and drab.
If you fancy creating a downstairs toilet or vamping yours up this year, here’s how.
The first thing you can do to make the downstairs toilet feel more luxurious this year is to think about asking a plumber like Mr. Rooter Plumbing to integrate the system.
You can have the sink and toilet plumbed into a single unit and covered with a sleek unit to make the space feel more modern and clean.
Make the most of the space
Space is a commodity which you likely won’t have a lot of in a downstairs bathroom and because of this you will often find that you can struggle to do much with it at all.
However, as long as you don’t overcrowd the room you can create space by having clever storage and lots of light in the room.
You may also like:
- Making Your Home Feel Like “You” Is Way Easier Than You’d Think
- Preparing Your Home For Winter
- Are You Advertising Your Home To Burglars?
- The Fundamentals Of Lighting A Good Home Needs
- Garage Conversion Ideas For Your Home
- Buying Before You’ve Sold Your Home: Here’s How It’s Possible
- Go Luxurious Or Go Home!
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- The Home Decor Accessories You Desperately Need In Your Life!
- Home Improvement Jobs You Should Leave To The Professionals
- Is Your Home Complete?
- These Long-lasting Home Improvements Make Good Investments
- The Best Things You Can Do When It Comes To Extending Your Home
- Creating The Perfect Home Study
- Take A Peek At My Home Office & My Gorgeous New Photowall Canvas!
- Bright Lights: Making A Successful Move To A Big City
- Planning To Build A Conservatory? Consider These Great Features
- Time To Liven Up Those Bare Bathrooms
Use light colours
If you have a small area to work with and you have the added issue of no windows in your small room, you will need to try and bring as much light into the area as you can yourself.
Start by using cool white lights for the most natural glow, and make sure you stick to bright and light colours such as white, pastels and even a bright yellow.
Make the room happy and inviting to all who use it.
Go big on tiles
When you are working with a smaller room, one way to make it feel more luxurious and larger is actually to use larger tiles for the walls and the floor.
When you use bigger tiles it creates an almost seamless look which can create an illusion of grandeur in a tight spot.
Try and find the largest tiles you can for the room and the beauty is that you will save both money and time on the renovation work!
Have fun with hosting
The downstairs toilet is likely always going to be a place where your guests will come when they need to use your facilities on a visit, and because of this you will want to spend some more time and put effort into making the room welcoming.
A fun thing you can add to the downstairs toilet is a guest book so that your guests can write a funny message to you or express how much they loved staying with you.
You can also add some funny items such as books and magazines, novelty toilet paper and also some toilet games such as golf or fishing which people can play when visiting.
It can be also fun to add some art prints or funny toilet based humour into the room to make people laugh and make the room feel more fun and unique for all who come to stay at your home.
Disclaimer: This is a collaborative post.